So, the EMOVE Cruiser is on your shortlist but you're unsure if you should take the leap of faith and buy it. We've got you.
The EMOVE Cruiser has a lot of great features that make it perfect if you are searching for your first electric scooter or one that can go the distance no matter the weather.
However, there are a few caveats that you should be aware of.
We've spent countless hours testing and reviewing the EMOVE Cruiser and have summarized our findings into 29 key points.
Where to Buy
If you're ready to take the plunge, you can find links to where to buy the EMOVE Cruiser below.
Alternatively, if you want to do more research, you can check out our full in-depth review.
- The EMOVE Cruiser is the best scooter under $1,500.
- It succeeds in our rankings as one of the best long-range electric scooters and is arguably the best scooter for heavy riders.
- Excellent value for money. It achieves a rare blend of affordability, mileage, user-friendliness, and style.
- Its incredible 62 miles of range isn’t just the best in its price class but it blows many other more expensive models out of the water. Real-world mileage while riding at top speed is 46 miles.
- The 52V 30Ah battery is equipped with high-quality LG cells.
- The Battery Management System maintains battery health by protecting against overcharging and overheating.
- The peak 1600W output of its 52V 1000W motor accelerates to 15 mph from stationary in just 3.4 seconds, and 25 mph in 11.0 seconds.
- While all similarly-priced scooters have dual braking systems, only a handful have hydraulic brakes – including the EMOVE Cruiser. It comes to a complete stop within just 3.4 meters when traveling at 15 mph.
- Equipped with 10-inch car-grade tires that are extremely reliable. Out of 3,000 riders, only 10 (0.3%) needed to repair a flat.
- Because the front-on profile of the tire is entirely rounded (i.e. there are no edges), you can lean into the turns and carve from side to side effortlessly, making it nimble to ride in urban environments.
- The large dual front springs and rear air shock ensure you enjoy a seamless, comfortable ride every time you push off.
- The foldable handlebars and telescopic stem allow for it to collapse into a compact folded form to aid storage and transport.
- You can adjust the height of the handlebars to fit your height (up to a height comfortable for 6ft riders).
- The deck is easily large enough to strike a wide, comfortable stance no matter your size.
- It supports up to 352 lbs of rider weight, which makes it the best in our database of over 140+ electric scooters
- The savvy S-knob controlling the stem’s folding feature is super secure and easy to use.
- It’s been built to last and has plug-and-play cabling, making it easy to replace electronics.
- Its IPX6 water-resistance rating is just about the best you’ll see on any electric scooter.
- You can customize how you ride with 3 throttle options: the standard finger throttle, thumb throttle, and twist throttle.
- One of few electric scooters to boast turn signals that are both easy to use (via a black slider) and – unlike other scooters – emit a beep when they are engaged.
- One of few electric scooters to come with the option of adding a seat.
- Available in multiple colorways (black, white, orange, red, and purple).
- When the handlebars are unfolded (i.e. both handgrips have been unfolded and are in the upright position), they simply slot over the T-bar and do not screw into place. As a result, you experience a little wiggle room in both handgrips while riding.
- Its skillset is weighed significantly more towards range than velocity. Its top speed can’t compete with similarly-priced models (i.e. the dual-motored Apollo Ghost 2022).
- The deck would benefit from having more grip.
- While the suspension does a good job on streets and roads, the springs and air shocks aren't as effective as swingarm suspension – especially if you want to venture off the beaten path.
- You will need an additional headlight for riding at night.
- Turn signals could be brighter.
- It only has one charging port and therefore, it has a relatively slow charge time of 9-12 hours.